Lawrence House Museum
To view a video about Lawrence House Museum please click here (link to youtube)
Launceston's Museum is housed in a fine Georgian house built in 1753, located in a street which John Betjeman described as "having the most perfect collection of 18th century townhouses in Cornwall". It is located in Castle Street, and was built by former Mayor Humphrey Lawrence. The property is owned by the National Trust, but is leased to the Town Council who are responsible for its maintenance and upkeep.
See www.lawrencehousemuseum.org for details of opening hours - admission is free but donations (which support the work of the Museum) are appreciated.